Monday, January 29, 2007

God, Inc - Episode 5

13 Knee-jerk Reactions:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! Keep them coming!

As a devout Christian (and Catholic), I simply LOVE the GOD, INC. series!

My thoughts, if you do not mind? Seeing how God created us in His image, and we have the ability to laugh, smile, grin, etc... I believe that God has a sense of humor!

You are a genius!

Thank you for the laughs!

Peter

6:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question: What exactly *is* Piper's job? In Episode 1, she's the "boss man," and in Episode 5 she seems to be a sales manager.

Love the series. Excellent production values. I've recommended it to all my friends and look forward to more.

Michele

7:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely funny. I always enjoy God, Inc. I thought the invasoin of Canada was pretty funny, but rather absurd, now Iran invading Canada. would have been better. Keep up the good work.

8:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chapter 5

Beautiful!! Killer! Over the top!

Muslims get the trophy. I loved it. Laughed my butt off! This is a fantastic schtick on religion (yeah, I'm Catholic too). Hindus are incredibly complex, really Christians are, um, "go getters" in a comical way, slackers are slackers. This is just too damn good! And the big question is, "Who is the outside consultant?" Hmmm. . .

Pakistan invading Canada is both genius and crazy. It'll be interesting to see how/IF you guys can fold that into reality. If not, no biggie. I think it still works.

I love what you're doing with the Miracles Department (at least I think I do). If you do what I think you're going to do, I think you guys are going to take it to the next level up. But for the love of God Inc., don't get rid of Austin! (heh, heh, heh. Look at me. Blubbering over a character. You guys are pros!)

You should know that the porcupotomus is in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

superdachshund@gmail.com

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Possible answer for "What is Piper's job"

I've always seen her as "middle management" with the appropriate curtness and demand for excellence.

In the second or third episode there is a reference made to "the Big Man" (not episode 1's reference to Piper's office) with no connection made to Piper and I thought it was pretty clear that the reference was made to someone above Piper.

Also, remember, no one is saying, "Piper damn it!" in these episodes.

11:01 AM  
Blogger Fragbert said...

Quote of the century:

"Shut up, Ophelia. You get your clients from MySpace."

Pure genius.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Francis said...

Thanks so much for all your nice comments and great feedback! It's great to hear, especially to hear that atheists and devout religious folks alike enjoy the series.

In answer to Michele, anonymous is right - Piper is middle management. She's the supervisor for all the departments. Someone on youtube actually posted an org chart for "God, Inc!" I linked it here, below Episode 5.

1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very much enjoying your series. One small nitpick about Episode 5: Muslims invade Christian countries all the time. You didn't need to invent a fictional invasion of Canada. After all, there is a good reason the term "Eurabia" is becoming more mainstream. But anyway, keep up the good work. Looking forward to Episode 6.

1:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Seriously awesome. That Wicca sales agent was inspired. Can't wait for the next one

3:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just hope Austin isn't going anywhere -- he's my favorite, hands-down.

3:30 AM  
Blogger eRobin said...

I love Austin too.

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really cool, thanks for the series. Got pointed to God Inc. by a friend from our "atheist club" here in town, who in turn had heard of it from his Jehovah's Witness daughter! Yeah, looks like everyone can love this series. Well, as long as you don't have any "Mohammad" stuff in there...

I wonder if you'll have any "son of the boss" joke in there somewhere... Cheap shot, I know, but funny anyway. :O)

Cheers
J

3:32 PM  
Blogger ionetic said...

Your episodes are brilliant. I'm an immediate fan. Keep up the good work. I'm going to be telling everybody about this.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home