Monday, February 12, 2007

Keep The Car Running

Somebody slipped me a bootleg (shh...) of the forthcoming album from The Arcade Fire, which is my current musical obsession. The stand-out track for me, like on "Funeral," is the first one - the hypnotic, mandolin-fueled "Keep The Car Running."

Episode 6 is uploading now. I've been thinking a lot this weekend about what's in store for Francis Stokes dot com. A year ago it was a place where I housed sketches, unfinished ideas and ruminations (basically, a normal blog,) before all my blogging energies went to writing about rising sea levels on Sludgie. Since then, I've treated this more like an online business card, a portal to whatever else I'm doing on the web.

Many of you have emailed or posted comments with questions that I haven't had time to consider, and I've posted nothing this past month other news about "God, Inc." Now that the last episode of "God Inc" is posting, what do I do next?

I'm planning to revive this site as a regular blog - something I've wanted to do for a long time. Several people on here, through emails and comments, have asked to know more about the actors and the history of the project. I'm thinking of making a second youtube account so I can post "Francis Stokes Dot Com" exclusives - the first being a behind-the-scenes compilation from "God, Inc." Feel free to post or email any questions you'd like answered. I'm also busy writing my new web series, and starting to pitch "God, Inc" as a TV show, so I'll keep you informed with news, updates and sneak peaks. And I will throw in some old video projects, other writing, artwork, journal entries and thoughts as well. No poems. Probably.

(And yes, to the many people who have asked, I'm planning to finally upgrade the website itself...)

3 Knee-jerk Reactions:

Blogger Mrs Mopro said...

last episode

i'm shocked.
thanks

3:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like God Inc. and think it deserves more. This last episode was really good. Think it about it, and the rest of us will hope for a miracle. :D

5:10 PM  
Blogger Akiva said...

I'd love for God, Inc. to go on longer! I have no idea if you have given such any thought at all, but it really has become an internet staple for me!

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home