Saturday, October 15, 2005

Hungry

Archaeologists in China made a very important discovery this week - a 4,000-year-old bowl of pasta. Overturned in an earthquake and buried in a flood and preserved. It's even more exciting than finding a lost handwritten manuscript by Beethoven.

They're saying this finally resolves the long-standing debate over who invented pasta - the Chinese or the Italians. I always thought it was Marco Polo who brought pasta to Italy from the East. But anyway, there's no question now - the ancient ancestral lineage of Ramen noodles beats out that of Spaghetti-O's. If you're wondering if anybody ate them, they turned to dust shortly after being exposed to the air. No? I was wondering.

2 Knee-jerk Reactions:

Blogger me said...

Is it bad that the picture makes me hungry?

11:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the discover (unfortunately) lends credence to that whole "carbs are indestructable and will not digest, therefore, will destroy your intestines if you eat them" diet craze.

stupid archeologists, ruining my cravings for carbs.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home