Friday, March 30, 2007

Nice Chi-Town Article

I was interviewed by Cathleen Falsani, who writes a column in the Religion section of the Chicago Sun Times, and the article is in today's paper. So for all you old friends and former classmates and sworn enemies and ex-girlfriends and people who sat next to me in homeroom and people who still drink at the Emerald Isle every weekend, here's your chance to find out that I'm still alive. Of course, if you read this blog, I guess you're probably aware of that. It's strange how this press coverage has felt different to me because it's the home town paper. The paper of Roger Ebert. I asked Cathleen how he's doing and she said that he's "fighting like a champ" from what she hears.

Also, we started pitching to networks this week. My friend Dom had this advice for pitching:

1. In our Showtime pitch, whenever we say the word "Showtime," accompany it with jazz hands.

2. When I say my own name, do stabbing motion at the ground and rub my hands together like I'm "stoking a fire."

3. If we're on a leather couch, announce how relaxed I feel and then urinate in my pants.

I'll let you know if Dom's advice helps.

5 Knee-jerk Reactions:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

good luck with that! and I wish you the best. god inc. needs to go on television. :)

1:07 AM  
Blogger Cranky Yankee said...

I would avoid the jazz hands and place the emphasis on urination.

11:50 AM  
Blogger Francis said...

Okay - I'll drink a full Big Gulp of Mountain Dew before I go in...

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The use of pants during said interviews has a proven directly negative corelation of the outcome of said interview.

6:00 AM  
Blogger Spatula007 said...

I've heard that (at least trying) to touch your nipples together really helps during a pitch.
It has something to do with quantum physics and lunar cycles. If you open any portals, don't blame me though. I'm not a doctor, I'm a lunatic.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home