Monday, November 21, 2005

Useless Tidbits of Information

Been preoccupied with the movie - pickups last weekend, pickups next weekend, more pickups next week. Haven't drawn or written anything. We probably only have about five days of shooting left, scattered out over weekends or odd days when I can assemble the crew and cast, but those five days hang on my neck like a big metaphorical sea-going bird. There's something about being in production, at my extreme shoestring budget level, that takes up 75% of my time but 99% of my mental power. I think it's the pressure, with coordinating schedules and trying to find props and trying to MAKE props and invent special effects and cast without spending the $$$ on audition room rental and breakdown services and such. I'm trying to maintain this level of quality that's damn near impossible... Who knows, some filmmakers thrive under such conditions. But finishing my second feature film made this way, I'll tell you - I live to delegate.

Also, there's the fact that I just got TiVo. That's taking up a bit of my time as well. I got home from work at 3 PM, and came to bed at 11:30, feeling like I got a lot done. Then I realized all I actually accomplished today was clearing out my TiVo "Now Playing" queue.

Anyway, to you random object enthusiasts just dying for #13, I apologize for the wait.

Here's some useful info: a website dedicated to mapping out and identifying neighborhoods in the LA area with fruit growing over public space, free for the picking. Maybe you can make a nice fruit pie for the holiday.

3 Knee-jerk Reactions:

Blogger Urban Bella said...

Yumm! Serious? Free fruit. That rocks.

2:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you got tivo and you didn't have a party? to celebrate?

because, seriously. TIVO.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Muad'Dib said...

I don't think I'd eat free fruit from the parks of LA. Sorry, just not in the books.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home