Saturday, December 17, 2005

Genius

Back from my trip to Florida with family. I flew Delta, but due to the numerous mergers and complications in the airline industry, I actually flew some airline called Song. Song is my new favorite airline. Song has an offbeat vibe, with a flashy logo, cheerfully kooky flight attendants and an interior design in a myriad of day-glo colors, suggesting the airline was bought by Delta from Pedro Almodóvar. I bought a lime green neck pillow with Song's logo on it. When we landed in Orlando, the captain announced, "We know you have your choice of financially troubled airlines to fly, so we appreciate you choosing our financially troubled airline..."

Song also has, ala Jet Blue, an individual TV monitor for each seat. On the flight back to LA, after watching several hours of the Food Network, I decided to play the in-flight trivia challenge. I was competing with about ten other people, and I won three games in a row. I'm not sure how proud I should be of the accomplishment, though. In one game I got knocked down a few pegs for getting a question about Shakespeare's "Twelfth Night" wrong, and then bounced back into first place by knowing the name of Britney Spears' first movie.

1 Knee-jerk Reactions:

Blogger Urban Bella said...

I've flown Song. The flight attendents are quirkier than on Southwest. I didn't know about any onboard trivia though. Suck. Ha. Can't believe you bought the pillow, dork.

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home